Large or small, long or short, high or low – everything is possible if you know how to do it. We know it. You have the vision, we will help you make it a reality. The tools we use can differ among projects, and we can work in several situations and scenarios, from small to large scale scans. The use of UAV allows us to scan buildings without height limitations or accessibility issues.
- Scanning film props and environments for filming for use for matchmoving and / or scene enhancement
- Digitization of cultural heritage, monuments, sculptures, works of art of all sizes – from coins to building complexes
- Scanning museum exhibits, archaeological sites
- Documentation of reconstruction and restoration work (comparison of actual state before and after)
- Scanning of industrial buildings and facilities
- Scanning objects for use in advertising
- Possibility to scan people or animals in the biggest 3D scanner in continental Europe
Where we scan
Thanks to our location in Prague, we are very flexible. Scanning anywhere in the Czech Republic is a sure thing, but we are not limited to scanning within the Czech Republic. We are able to respond to your requirements throughout Europe in a few days, depending on current workload. Our 3D scanning kit is fully portable and we are able to travel all around the world. Technically, we are able to scan anywhere in the world, but some places outside the EU might have specific legal restrictions.
How we scan
Our company’s main target is to provide 3D scanning services with using laser scanners and photogrammetry. To get the best results, we use multiple scanning technologies and their combinations allow us to achieve great results even at a distance of dozens of meters with an accuracy of ± 2 mm. More information about the technologies and techniques we use can be found in the Technology section.
What you can use our scans for
The 3D models we create can be further edited, rigged for animation, painted, printed on a 3D printer, or manufactured on CNC machines. We have contacts at the best companies in the industry and we are able to ensure production tailored to your needs, without having to worry about anything.
Game developers and filmmakers will appreciate the accuracy and photorealism of our models which can save them a huge amount of time and money that they would otherwise have to invest in manual modeling. We work with small and large gaming and film companies and we know their quality requirements that we can fully meet.
Perfect replicas of rare fossils in paleontology can be studied and analyzed without harming or losing the original findings. The digitization of historical sites in archeology into 3D will allow them to be more accurate and comfortable to explore in comparsion with what the ordinary photographs can offer. With this knowledge, the digital reconstruction of the original state can be made to exactly present how the original looked hundreds or thousands of years ago. 3D technology also allows the creation of virtual museums that visitors can navigate from the comfort of their home with the help of virtual or augmented reality.
3D scanning is also very useful in the reconstruction of rare buildings or works of art. By comparing the condition before the reconstruction and after the reconstruction, it is possible to precisely document the modifications made during the reconstruction works and whether they were carried out in the required quality.
It is the safest way to preserve priceless objects and to produce copies which perfectly match the original, so that they can be analyzed and studied.
What is difficult to scan
It’s good to know where the current limits of 3D scanning lie. We are able to solve most of our problems during scanning or post-processing of scans, but we would like to inform you about the conditions that will deliver the best results.
- Generally, the results are best when there is a complex shape with irregular features. When the object is smooth, single color and glossy, getting optimal results can be difficult.
- Optically uncooperative materials, especially transparent or shiny objects, are the most difficult to scan in its original state. For these objects is necessary to use special antiglare spray or cover the objects with adhesive tape.
- Scanning in the presence of occlusions and self-occlusion may lead to holes in scanned data.
- Thin, delicate elements are very difficult to scan. Hair, feathers, or other very thin parts of the scanned object may cause problems.
- Deep holes, i.e. a vase, will be optimal to scan on the outside, but the wall thickness will be generated in the software afterward.
- Moving objects (including humans) are possible to scan only in the studio with fixed scanning rig, where multiple cameras are triggered at once. Moving objects are not scannable with laser scanning.
- Vegetation and unwanted moving objects around a scanned object (typically humans, cars, birds, etc.) can cause problems for two main reasons: they can hide the scanned object, and moving objects additionally look different on each scan, resulting in inconsistencies in aligning of individual scans into each other. For these reasons, it is ideal if the surroundings of the scanned object are closed to the public and devoid of vegetation.
Laser 3D scanning (lidar)
Faro Focus X330
- Laser class 1 (safe under all conditions)
- Distance accuracy up to ±2mm
- Range from 0,6m up to 330m
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Integrated compass
- Altimeter / height sensor
- Scanning in direct sunlight
- Usable for bigger objects
Suitable especially for:
- Scanning of buildings and entire complexes of buildings, historical monuments, film backdrops, sculptures etc.
- Digitization of cultural heritage
- Reverse engineering,building plans for buildings with missing documentation or with documemtation which does not match the reality
- Documentation of the condition of the object, documentation of reconstruction works, differential comparison of the state before and after the reconstruction
- Verification of the actual state (whether the construction corresponds to the documentation)
- Fullframe sensor
- Resolution 36Mpx
- Multiple lenses covering focal range from 14mm to 300mm
- Excellent dynamic range
- Arduino driven turntable for automatic small objects scanning
- Usable for scanning in all sizes
- certified, very high accuracy
- naturally in correct scale
- low res, bad colored texture
- hard to scan narrow spaces
- often not possible to scan high parts (roofs)
- great texture quality
- easier to cover narrow spaces
- need to set right scale
- less precise
Combination of both methods
- best precision
- best coverage
- best texture
- longest postprocessing time
- most expensive
Output models parameters
- Undecimated mesh can have more than 1 billion polygons
- Texture resolution up to 16384×16384. Multiple textures possible
- All standard formats (OBJ, FBX, Maya…)
We are a company that realizes the importance of constant development and self-improvement. In the near future, among other things, we are going to offer you scanning of large objects (mainly buildings, landscapes, quarries, etc.) using UAVs, that allow us to realize scans regardless of their height or scale. (We are able to provide this service now, but with the use of an external subcontractor. In the future, we will do it by ourselves.)
Thanks a lot, it's a pleasure to work with you!
This looks fantastic! Great job! Next projects are coming up very soon.
Awesome work! As always :).
Everything looks great!
Archviz – architectural visualizations
Are you an architect and want to impress your exclusive clients with something more than just classic 3D renderers? Do you want to give them a virtual reality experience? Want to change the time of day, season or weather in your presentations? Do you want to pursue your creative work and not to deal with the technical aspects of visualization? Whether it should be a visualization of interior, exterior or entire residential block for developers, nothing is a problem!Contact us and we will create such a visualization for you!
What our visualization can do
- change of time of day
- change of the season (the trees turn yellow in autumn, they fall completely in winter, the landscape falls in snow)
- weather change (clear / cloudy / rain / snow)
- cars, cyclists and pedestrians can ride the streets
- animated people doing different activities will bring life into your presentation – the secretary is on the phone, the boss is presenting something to colleagues in the conference room, the worker is working with a jackhammer, the child is playing on the playground … no boring static 2D cutouts
- all rooms will be “occupied” as if they were used by real people – there will be rolled-up papers, coffee mugs on the tables, pizza and utensils on the kitchen counter…
- we will also revive the environment – birds will fly in the sky, fish can swim in the lake, cows can graze on a side meadow…
- switch between walking and flying
- everything is fully interactive (like a computer game) – no pre-rendered sequences
- possibility to present both on a standard monitor and in virtual reality glasses
- of course we can also create classic renders, panoramas and classic and 360° videos
How does it work
- You create your design exactly as you are used to in SketchUp, Archicad or Revit (but it can be almost any other program that can be exported in some standard format. The main condition is that it is a design in 3D, not just 2D drawings).
- You will contact us and we will arrange the details together.
- Send us your data. We will review them and, if necessary, discuss the necessary and recommended adjustments.
- We will start working on creating a virtual tour. Of course, we will consult the whole process of creating the presentation and send you screenshots and videos.
- We will hand over the completed tour.
- You present it to your customer who will be excited :).
Interested?You can get more info and download sample projects here!
687 51 Nivnice
Correspondence address / office:
196 00 Prague 9
Tel.: +420 606 555 848